Thank you for your interest in submitting a film to the 2015 Housecore™ Horror Festival.
Housecore™ Horror Festival uses Withoutabox to accept ALL film submissions. Emailed submissions will not be reviewed or considered.
Please note: The preferred Withoutabox submission format is a digital screener link. Please make every effort to submit your film this way!
Films must fall under the following categories:
– Horror (any and all types of horror are welcome)
– Based on True Crime
– Midnight Movie
– Heavy Metal-related
FEES AND DEADLINES
Student discounts available – please check our Withoutabox listing for more information
The following fees apply to films submitted between June 8, 2015 and July 19, 2015
$30 for Shorts/Videos/Episodes Under 20 Minutes.
$50 for Features/Mid-Lengths/Episodes/Documentaries over 20 Minutes.
The following fees apply to films submitted between July 20, 2015 and August 21, 2015
$50 for Shorts/Videos/Episodes Under 20 Minutes.
$70 for Features/Mid-Lengths/Episodes/
Submissions will no longer be accepted as of 12:00 a.m. on August 22, 2015
When submitting your film for consideration through Withoutabox, the preferred format is a digital screener link. Please make every effort to submit your film this way!
If we select your film for the festival, you will need to be able to provide TWO (2) copies of your film on either Blu-ray or DVD. No other formats are accepted.
We will make notifications of acceptance or rejection by September 30, 2015.
To find out what types of films we accept and what lengths, please see below:
Feature Films: Features must be more than 59 minutes long.
Mid-Length Films: Mids must be more than 20 minutes and less than 59 minutes long.
Short Films: Shorts must be less than 20 minutes long.
Documentaries: We accept short, mid-length, and feature length documentaries.
Music Videos: Try to keep them under 15 minutes!
ALL DEADLINES ARE RECEIVED BY DEADLINES. All materials must be received
• HHF 2015 films will be selected by the festival programmers. All selections will be posted on our site by the end of September 2015.
• ALL films submitted to the festival are seen and scored by at least two different programmers. All films that have a higher average, or are a favorite of a programmer, go on to final deliberations. HHF selects its films by majority vote.
• Film Submissions are non-returnable. Please do not send original materials.
• If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their exhibition video materials by mail. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible. HHF cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged.
• If your film wins either an award, you are required to mention that fact in posters and other promotional material if and when the film gets distribution.
• Please note festival dates are subject to change.
• Unfortunately, HHF does not provide room, board or travel for filmmakers.
For any other questions, feel free to contact us!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to enter film work to Housecore™ Horror Festival 2015. As the Director/Producer of the Film, entrants have submitted to the Festival, entrants represent and warrant to the Festival that the Film and all parts thereof are original; that the Film does not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrants own or control the Film and all parts thereof and have the sole authority to submit the Film to the Festival; the Film entrants submitted to the Festival is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation. Entrants acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between the Festival and entrants, and entrants further acknowledge that no such relationship is established by these guidelines, my submission of the Film, or by the Festival’s acceptance, review or retention of the Film. If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their exhibition video materials to and from the festival venue. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible. HHF cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged. If your film wins an award, you and/or your distributor are required to mention that fact in posters and other promotional material if and when the film gets distribution. Festival dates are subject to change.
** Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates